Introduction: Spinach Pulao
- Spinach pulao is healthy and flavourful green rice made using spinach with some spices and can be good one pot meal.This can be other alternative way to include spinach in our regular diet.
- One diced carrot
- One diced potato
- One cup boiled sweet corn kernels
- One teaspoon black cumin
- Bayleaf and small inch cinnamon
- 2 cloves
-One teaspoon red chilli powder
- Two teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
Step 1: Make Spinach Puree
First step is to make spinach puree. I used frozen spinach blocks.
- Microwave spinach blocks for few minutes to get spinach puree. If your using fresh spinach leaves blanch them in hot water and blend them to puree.( I used 20 frozen spinach blocks which makes one bowl spinach puree)
- Dice potatoes and carrot.Boil sweet corn kernels and keep ready.
Step 2: Sauteing
-Take little oil in vessel and when is heated add teaspoon black cumin seeds. When they splutter add cloves,small inch cinnamon,bay leaf and ginger garlic paste.Saute till raw smell of ginger leaves.
Step 3: Add Diced Veggies, Spinach Puree and Sweet Corn Kernels
- Next add diced potatoes and carrot.Cook for few minutes.
- Add above prepared spinach puree,boiled sweet corn kernels and give a mix
Step 4: Add Spices
- Add 2 teaspoon coriander powder,teaspoon red chilli powder and salt as per taste
- Mix everything so that all spices are coated well with spinach and veggie mixture
Step 5: Soak Rice in Water
- Take 2 cups sona masoori rice and add 4 cups water and soak for half an hour
Step 6: Add Soaked Rice and Water
- Now add soaked rice to above spiced spinach puree mixture and give a mix
- Add 4 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.Cover the lid and cook till rice is done by mixing in intervals
Step 7: Serve
Serve spinach pulao with salad and raita.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.