As a young child, I was mesmerized by the spinning light toys in Disney world. I wondered how they worked and I was never allowed to buy one. Now, years later I decided I would make my own LED spinning toy that does the same thing as the ones in Disney world, but it costs much less and it has much brighter lights. Here is a link to the spinning light toys sold in Disney world: http://www.disneystore.com/pretend-play-toys-sorcerer-mickey-mouse-light-chaser-toy/mp/1258230/1000266/?CMP=KNC-DSSGoogle
The idea to make this came when I saw my little brothers friend bring home a light spinning toy from Disney world. My little brother was pretty jealous and was dissapointed when his friend didn't let him try it. I knew I had to try to build him one, and I began brainstorming and drawing diagrams to figure out how it would work. The results of this project exceeded my expectations and I know they will exceed yours as well!
I was inspired to make this because...
- I had many LEDs from solar garden lights and I wanted to use them.
- I wanted to surprise my little brother with something nice.
- I needed practice using my new soldering station. (Thank you instructables!)
You should make this because...
- You will save money by not buying one in Disney world!
- You probably have most of the materials.
- It is awesome!
I hope you enjoy making your LED spinning toy!
Step 1: Materials
You will need...
- - Clear plastic tubing
- - One red LED
- - Two white LEDs
- - Thin braided wire
- - Two water bottle caps
- - M&Ms minis container
- - 1.5v- 3v motor
- - "C" battery
- - Normally open push button
- - Press fit fan blade for the motor
- - Six 1.5v button batteries
- - Standard on/off switch
- - Soldering iron
- - Solder
- - Hot glue gun (with glue)
- - Electric Tape
- - Needle nose pliers
- - Tin Snips