Step 5: First Base
Time: 20-40 min
1) On the ~18" x 18" sheet, find and mark the center in both directions.
2) Cut out the radial lines of the Tooling_Continued.PDF.
a) Poke a small hole in the center of the radial lines.
b) Align the center of the tooling to the mark on the wood.
c) Tape down the cut-out.
3) (15x) Extend the radial lines out to the edges of the sheet using a straightedge or ruler. Picture 2
4) (15x) With the ruler, make a mark 7.5 in from the center of the radial spacing tooling.
5) Cut out the radial line tooling from the Tooling.PDF.
Cut close to the angled slot graphic Picture 3
a) Extend the radial line on the cut-out to the end of the slot graphic. Picture 3
b) Poke a hole in the .25 in from the back of the tooling, along the radial line. Picture 3
c) (15x) Align the hole on the radial line tooling and trace the outline of the slot graphic. Picture 4
6) (15x) Drill holes at the marked locations with the bit (drill a pilot hole if necessary). Picture 5
Next comes all of the cutting/sawing in the project. Stopping at this point for now and cutting everything at once should minimize the amount of clean-up required.