Unfortunately my daughter is a lot older now and although she still likes it she doesn't really need it as it is for babies but with moving house and one thing and another I only just finished it, This instructable has been in the makeing for nearly a year, I hope that some ones little one can get the enjoyment out of it that my baby missed :(
Working out a way of doing it with what materials I have already got was easy enough, Tho constructing it was a bit fiddly at times.
The only stitches you will need are Back Stitch and Over Stitch.
Materials and Tools you Will Need
- A Piece of Card (For the Template I used the Back of a cereal packet)
- A compass (or Objects to draw round one approximately 14 cm in Diameter and one approximately 5.5 cm in diameter)
- Some Fabric (at least 10 pieces a bit bigger than your template I few of Mine were bought as quilting squares)
- Some Ribbon
- Needle and Cotton
- Fabric Pencil
- Pins + Safety pins
- Embroidery cotton or Top Stitch various colours (thicker cotton for over stitching the seams)
- Hooks (Toy Plastic S Hooks / Toy Linking rings) optional
I was going to do this with fabric with animals on cutting out the animals loosely, stitching around the outline face down onto a coloured piece of fabric and stitching a loop between the layers as I have with the ribbon on the spiral links and then turn inside out and stuff.