Unfortunately my daughter is a lot older now and although she still likes it she doesn't really need it as it is for babies but with moving house and one thing and another I only just finished it, This instructable has been in the makeing for nearly a year, I hope that some ones little one can get the enjoyment out of it that my baby missed :(
Working out a way of doing it with what materials I have already got was easy enough, Tho constructing it was a bit fiddly at times.
The only stitches you will need are Back Stitch and Over Stitch.
Materials and Tools you Will Need
- A Piece of Card (For the Template I used the Back of a cereal packet)
- A compass (or Objects to draw round one approximately 14 cm in Diameter and one approximately 5.5 cm in diameter)
- Some Fabric (at least 10 pieces a bit bigger than your template I few of Mine were bought as quilting squares)
- Some Ribbon
- Needle and Cotton
- Fabric Pencil
- Pins + Safety pins
- Embroidery cotton or Top Stitch various colours (thicker cotton for over stitching the seams)
- Hooks (Toy Plastic S Hooks / Toy Linking rings) optional
I was going to do this with fabric with animals on cutting out the animals loosely, stitching around the outline face down onto a coloured piece of fabric and stitching a loop between the layers as I have with the ribbon on the spiral links and then turn inside out and stuff.
Step 1: Making the Template
The Template when drawn onto fabric gives you the lines to stitch over so the thickness of the ring drawn is the thickness of each link if the spiral before its stuffed.
The Inner Circle needs to be big enough to fit round what you are wanting to rap it round mine was 5.5 cm
The Outer on mine was 14 cm and that seemed to work well but there is room for adjustment on that,
Once you have drawn the template you just need to cut it out.