Tired: A red blinker on your seatpost
Wired: Programmable full-wheel images in any color
Specifications and Features:
- Can be used with road, mountain or BMX wheels!
- 30 LEDs on each side (22 for BMX) x 256 radial pixels
- Runs on 2-3 AA batteries for 10 hours or more, assuming 3000mAh alkalines and 50% image coverage.
- Can run on rechargable NiMH AA's
- Comes with high-brightness red/yellow/green or blue LEDs
- Automatically shuts off after 3 minutes
- wxPython based software runs on any Linux or Windows or Mac with Parallel port or serial port
- Design is all through-hole parts, perfect for a first time kit builder.
- With one spoke, total persistence at 15mph. Two spokes, 10mph. Three spokes, 7mph. (Assuming a mountain bike wheel). Looks cool even if not completely persistant.
- Great for safe riding at night, provides excellent side visibility.
For more information, like how to use the software to update images, visit http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov
& check out more cool projects at http://www.ladyada.net/
Step 1: Intro