If you’re planning a party this Halloween, these DIY Mummy Lanterns are a great spooky addition and they cost next to nothing to make!
I don’t know about you guys, but here at PK Green Shop we LOVE Halloween! But, as with many holidays, the price of going all out to celebrate can soon start to add up, especially if you're organising a party. That's why we think our DIY Mummy Lanterns made with old jars and toilet paper are a perfect DIY addition to any Halloween shindig and they're so quick and easy to make.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
What you'll need:
- Clear jars - you can also use large plastic cups
- Toilet paper
- Double-sided tape or normal cellotape
- PKG Battery Operated LED Tealight Candles
- Felt-tip pens (for decoration) - you can also use stick on eyes
Step 2: Prepare the 'mummy Bandages'
- Unroll a good length of toilet roll and tear off. Fold it in half and cut down the middle to make 2 long, thin pieces of paper.
- Pull each of the pieces of paper apart (from end to end) to make them single-ply.
- Repeat until you have enough paper to wrap around and cover all your jars.
Step 3: Start Wrapping
- Take the first jar and stick a small piece of double-sided tape to the shoulder (if you are using cellotape, fold a piece over to make it double-sided).
- Take a strip of paper, stick it to the tape and begin to wrap your jar. Repeat this process until the whole jar is covered in paper.
Step 4: Bring Your Mummy Lanterns to Life!
- Once your jar is fully wrapped it’s time to get creative. Use the felt-tip pens or stick on eyes to decorate your mummy jars and bring them to life!