Basic proficiency in computer functions, including the ability to use Facebook, and iTunes are required to complete the tutorial. Necessary resources include a computer, a Facebook account, access to iTunes, and access to an Internet connection.
Step 1: Registering for Spotify
a. Open an Internet browser window on your computer desktop.
b. In the address bar type: www.spotify.com
2) Once the homepage has fully loaded, click on the green box labeled Sign Up , located in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage.
a. See Figure 1
b. The homepage will automatically redirect to a “Sign Up” webpage.
3) Select the blue box labeled Log in to Facebook .
a. See Figure 2
b. A pop-up window titled “Log In – Facebook” will appear.
4) Type in the corresponding information:
a. In the space labeled “Email,” type the email address associated with your Facebook account.
b. In the space labeled “Password,” type the password associated with your Facebook account.
c. See Figure 3
5) Click the blue box labeled Log In located in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
a. Once logged in, the Spotify registration form will automatically be completed with your Facebook information.
6) Click the blue box titled Register, located near the bottom of the “Sign Up” webpage.
a. Once your account has been successfully created, you will automatically be redirected to a webpage titled "Account Successfully Created"
*Note: Spotify should automatically begin downloading prior to registering. If Spotify does not automatically download, see "Step 2: Downloading Spotify," otherwise, proceed to "Step 3: Accessing Spotify After Download."