Sprouted Moong / Mung Bean Cups are a delicious and a fun way of eating the healthy home made sprouts topped with fresh vegetables for a snack or as an appetizer.
Bean sprouts have the richest source of amino acids (for protein), vitamins and minerals, and also contain a good amount of fiber. They contain all types of vitamins (A, B, C, D, E and K), folate and are an excellent source of iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and zinc.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Sprouted Moong Beans - 1 Cup
2) Grated Carrots - 1/2 Cup
3) Finely diced Bell Pepper - 1/2 Cup
4) Finely diced Onions - 1/2 Cup
5) Finely Chopped Cilantro - 1/3 Cup
6) Roasted Flax seeds - 1 Tsp
7) Ginger - small piece
8) Garlic - 1 pod
9) Salt as per taste
10) Corn Flour - 1Tbsp
Step 2: Grinding the Moong Sprouts
1) Grind the sprouted Moong bean along with roasted flax seeds, ginger and garlic by adding very little water (2 - 3 Tsp) and making it into a coarse paste.
2) To the above paste add in the carrots, bell pepper, onion,cilantro and corn flour.
3) Then season it with salt as per taste and mix it well.
Step 3: Making the Moong Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F
2) Grease the Muffin pans with oil / butter
3) Take the prepared mixture and press into the muffin pan forming thin cups.
4) Then bake it at 350 F for about 45 - 50 min (cooking time depends on how thick the cups are made)
Once the cups are baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool down.
Serve the crunchy sprouted moong cups topped with some chopped cucumbers, tomatoes,carrots etc.of your choice and enjoy!!!