Introduction: Square Blueberry Cubes
In the summer I just cant seem to get enough water but water gets mighty boring.
Even though I know I should be reaching for a glass a water, I often find myself pouring a glass of juice or a soda because I want some flavor to my drink.
I finally decided to take a stand and "spice up" my water.
Here is one great way to give your water a little boost of blueberry flavor!
Step 1: Tools & Ingredients
- Water (1 Cup)
- Blueberries (1 1/2 Cup)
- 2" Square Ice Tray (Tovolo)
- Small Bowl
Note: You can use a different tray. I find the larger cube trays are easier to fit the blueberries in and look more attractive.
Step 2: Mix It Up
- Dump your blueberries in a bowl
- Fill with enough water to just cover blueberries.
Step 3: Crack Berries
- Press down the blueberries until they "crack". (You don't want to mash the berries, just crack the skin.)
Step 4: Fill Tray
- Fill tray with your mixture!
- Stick in freezer for 24 hours.
Note: You want the blueberries to come to the top of the tray with the water just filling in the cracks.
Step 5: Remove & Enjoy
After 24 hours:
- Make sure the cubes are frozen
- Remove and enjoy!
As the cubes melt, the blueberries will "infuse" your water!
Note: If you don't want to use after 24 hours, just leave in the tray or store in a plastic bag.
The silicon tray is nice because it is easy to pop out a single cube.