Introduction: Squishy Circuts
Step 1: Step 1: Gather Materials
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Deionized (or Distilled) Water (If you use tap water the dough will be conductive!
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Cream of Tartar (or 9 Tbsp. of lemon juice)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil Food Coloring (optional)
Step 2: Step 2: Create Dough
- Mix dry ingredients together, but leave 1/2 cup of flour to the side.
- Mix water in 2 Tbsp. at a time until almost all the water is absorbed, or dough is the right consistency.
- Knead the dough into a ball and place on a sheet of wax paper with flour.
- Continue kneading flower into the dough until it is not sticky and it the consistency of play-do.
- Mix all ingredients in a pot, but leave 1/2 cup of flour to the side.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and gets chunky.
- Continue cooking the mixture until it forms into a ball.
- Place the dough on a sheet of wax paper with flour.
- Knead the dough until the dough is not sticky and it is the consistency of play-do.
Step 3: Step 3: Try Out Your New Dough!
In order for you lights to work there needs to be space between each of the conductive doughs. If you want all of the dough touching, you need to have insulated dough between them. This is because the electricity needs to flow through the dough. We made a car and crab as examples. The red dough is the insulating dough and the blue dough is conductive.