My favorite piece of furniture born from two of my greatest loves: coconut water and duct tape.
- Ikea Linnmon Table (Came with the apt.)
- 3 Zico Cases (Purchased at Costco.)
- 2 Tide Packaging Boxes (Snagged at Costco checkout.)
- Curtain (Purchased online last year. Approx. $15.)
- Little Coffee Table Thing (Came with the apt.)
- Duct Tape!!
This Instructable primarily seeks to inspire. Ideally you can put something together without deliberately purchasing materials or following a set of steps. Just take a look around your place and get creative!
Step 1: Plan
The steps I describe following this one are specific to the desk I constructed for my needs. Identify key features you would like for your desk.
Ask yourself question such as:
- How tall should the desk be for me to feel comfortable while working?
- What do I want to use my desk for (operating a computer, writing on paper, crafting, etc.)?
Your answers will determine the sizes of the boxes that you'll need to gather, and how you lay them out.
I needed something that could elevate my monitors and keyboard for an ergonomic setup, a bit of table top space for writing, and a few nooks to store office supplies and cords.
Step 2: Build the Foundation
Find boxes that are the appropriate heights for your needs and offer enough support. Arrange them based on your desired work space layout. Tape them down.
Step 3: Make Things Pretty
Keep things classy by covering up the boxes with a curtain (or similar object). Secure the curtain by adding duct tape to the underside. A pen organizer is included in the image to demonstrate the potential for storage space.
Step 4: Layer
Extra layers add more surface area. Secure the layers with duct tape. In this example, there are loops of duct tape on the bottom of each table leg.
Step 5: Add Your Stuff
Self-explanatory. I rearranged the foundation prior to this step. Don't worry, the monitors are secured with duct tape :).
Now, enjoy your new standing desk!