Step 1: Getting Started
1) Flat bamboo
2) Round bamboo (this can be found at a gardening store)
3) White craft glue
4) cup/container for the glue
5) garden shears (cutting the bamboo)
6) glue gun
7) glue sticks
8) tissue paper (any colour/pattern you want! Be creative!)
9) Regular scissors
10) Exato knife/blade
11) small tart tin (about the size of a tea light)
12) tea light (can be found at IKEA in packages of 100)
13) Brush for applying the glue
17) A fun friend to make it with
**Note: the happy person in the background. Lanterns have that affect on people**
Step 2: Cutting your Bamboo
I made each piece 25.5 inches long. But it is up to you how big or small you want your star to be. Play around.
Take the garden shears, flat bamboo and cut 10 pieces of the same length.
Step 3: Arranging the pieces into a Star
TIP: Try to make it so the pieces of bamboo are alternating over/under. This will make the structure stronger if the strips are creating a kind of in and out weave. Hope the images make it clear.
Step 4: Hot Gluing
TIP: don't worry about the over/under method in this step.