Let's begin with supplies and materials.
- Size 5 circular needles. I used Knitpicks interchangeables. (They happen to be on sale right now)
- Darning needle
- Knitpicks worsted weight yarn (creme brulee)
- Knitpicks worsted weight yarn (black)
- Black felt
- Liquid Stitch fabric glue
Please note that these are just the exact supplies that I used. Please feel free to use any yarn you like and just customize to the size of your Kindle or other device.
Also, I made this isntructable with a standard Kindle in mind. If your device is larger or smaller, you will need to make adjustments as necessary.
Step 1: Cast on and knit up
- Cast on 20 stitches (20 stitches on each needle)
- Begin working in the round, one knit stitch in each stitch around
- Continue until the case covers all but about 1" of the Kindle.
Step 2: Change to black and make ribbing
- Knit one row in black
- Knit 2, Purl 2 for the next 5 rows (or until you reach the desired height.
Step 3: Bind off the black
- A stretchy bind off is not required for this project. Just do a normal bind off.
- Knit the first two stitches, then pull the first stitch over the second and off the needle
- Purl the next stitch and slip the knit stitch from your working needle over the purled one and off the needle.
- Purl the next stitch and slip the first purl stitch over this one and off the needle
- Repeat this process until you are finished binding off.
- Be sure to knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches.
Step 4: Attach the logo
- Cut out your printing
- Hold it to the felt and cut around it
- Trim up your felt as necessary for a nice clean look
- Affix the logo with fabric glue (do not do this with the Kindle in the case as glue could seep through onto it)