Step 2: Make The Chocolate Syrup
1. Measure out 1/4 cup water or 4 tablespoons
2. Measure out 2 tablespoons of cocoa
3. Measure out 2 tablespoons of sugar
4. Depending on how you want to heat this up, choose the next step accordingly
5. a) Pour sugar, then cocoa and then water into a large mug or measuring jug and mix well, until they make what looks like a brown liquid. Then place this in the microwave and cook on high for 1-2 minutes.
b) Pour sugar, then cocoa and then water into a saucepan and heat gently while stirring until it appears that all the ingredients have mixed together; do not boil, a gentle steam will appear, this is normally when I take the mixture off. The mixture generally has the texture of a syrup.
Ready to move on?