These directions are for one 9 symbol/glyph 3 chevron Stargate. Using these basic directions and pattern it is possible to scale up the bed to be larger fairly easily by adding additional gate glyphs to the length. Please be aware if you are building a larger gate that you will need to increase your materials.
On-hand Supplies Needed:
These are supplies you are likely to have on hand already that you will want to use to build your gate.
• Scissors/Rotary Cutter
• Sewing Machine (or needle and thread with an extra dose of insanity)
• Glue Gun
• Fabric marking pen or pencil
• Electric Bread Knife – Optional, but it does make cutting your foam pieces significantly easier.
• 1 piece 1 inch foam measuring 8 inches by 5 ft.
• 1 piece 2 (or 3) inch foam measuring approximately 16 inches round
• Medium grey material – Choose a sturdier fabric such as canvas, duck cloth or denim. (I chose
� Cut 1 piece 10 inches by 5 feet for the gate walls
� Cut 6 pieces 8 inch by 8 inch squares to be cut for Chevrons.
• Orange Material (or light blue for Atlantis Gate)
� Cut 6 piece 6 inches by 6 inches for the Chevrons
� If you are making the Atlantis Gate, you will need to add additional material for each gate
• 20 inch round piece for bottom. (I chose a heavy canvas in light grey, so if you are working
with canvas for your walls include this piece in that material)
• 1 spool darker grey thread suitable for machine stitching. +1 spool light blue if you are making
the Atlantis Gate.
• 1 piece Dark Grey/Black Fleece 10 inches by 5 feet
• 1 piece blue (I found a nice tie-dye blue looks great) approximately 20 inches round
For those using metric here's some handy measurement conversions:
½ inch =1.27cm; 1 inch = 2.54cm; 1 foot = 30.48cm