Our WiFi Radio must have the following capabilities:
- Play the internet stations stored into an updatable file from a web interface
- Play or stop the desired stations upon a particular schedule (alarm function).
- Recording (streaming) stations on demand.
- Precise clock (with permanent update from the internet)
- Remote control for the usual functions (Play/Stop, Start/Stop Recording, Reboot, Play Favorite Stations, Shuffle Play*)
- Volume control
- Extra capabilities such as: display currencies rates, current date etc.
Step 1: The Hardware Inventory
- Salvaged Satellite Receiver
- Power supply of the SSR
- Front panel of the SSR
- TP-LINK MR3020 router with external antenna
- Arduino Pro Mini + ENC28J60 Ethernet Module+ Ethernet cable (the one provided with the router)
- Arduino Pro Mini + USB to serial breakout boardUSB hub with enough ports for all the stuff
- USB pendrive of minimum 4 GB
- USB cables
- USB powered speakers
- Salvaged remote control
Step 2: The Brief Description
Step 3: Basic WiFi Radio
If you follow exactly the steps presented in the youtube video you'll be able to setup a basic WiFi radio.
In the video is presented even the failsafe mode if something go wrong.