I designed and built the origional one of these when i was about seven years old and the design hasent changed since. Since it was designed by a seven yr old its simple, debatably free and easy to make.
This is probably the simplest of my creations and all you need to make it is a can of condensed milk and some brake piping you can get free from any local garage.
For More Details Visit My Website at: http://letsbuildone.110mb.com/
Or Url: http://revver.com/video/1141221/home-made-diy-steam-turbine/
So lets get started.
Step 1: Get Everything You Need Together
- A tin can, idealy a normal sized steel condensed milk tin with only one seam which is at the top.
- Some metal tubing, preferably steel or copper. Hydraulics tubing from scrap car suggested.
- Swivel or thread that can be twisted ALOT and hold the weight of a can half filled with water.
* Soldering Iron.
- Something to make approximately 5mm holes with. Drill or large nail will do.
- Hammer if you are using a nail.
- Heat source like a trangia, camping stove or blow torch.
- Potentially a pair of pliers or a vice.
- Pipe bender would be helpful but not required
- Sand paper, scouring pad or brush.