Make your own Steampunk Explorer Toy Set
for your family and friends. It’s the holiday season and my family LOVES
to make gifts for one another. It's easy on the budget, it's sentimental, and it's fun to make! I hope you enjoy this tutorial. This project was inspired by my cousin Alejo who is an adventurer in spirit and loves to play make believe.
I'm also selling some fun items on Society6:Iphone Skin Iphone CaseArt Prints
was made with a Tiddle Winks game packaging. Essentially, you will need:
- 1 long cardboard tube (similar to a toilet paper or napkin holder tube) * size can vary
- 1 shorter cardboard tube smaller in size (size can vary)
- 1 Kates Paperie shopping bag or 1 sheet of card stock
- Measuring tape
- Glue gun
- 1 medium sized long screw
- 2 plastic caps that fit the end of the telescope (included in Tiddle Winks game)
- Black, Copper, Silver, and yellow acrylic paints
- Exacto knife
- Cutting mat
- Paint brushesSteampunk prints:
- Laser printer
- Blank white paper 8.5" x14" or 8.5" x 11"
- Baking sheet
- 2-3 breakfast tea bags
- Small bowl
- *Sketches or images that you want to stain (photos, maps, structural plans, letters, etc.)
*I have provided some illustrations to play with in this tutorial.
p.s. My lovely model is my good friend and co-worker, Ayaka Ito.