This is the result. I spent under 10 Euros, and had hours of fun. They took me about 5 hours to make, including taking apart and putting together again many times, to make sure everything fitted correctly before the next stage.
I recommend every beginning steampunker trying a pair of goggles, it's fun! And you end up with something unique.
I'm not 100% happy with these, but they'll do for this year's Elf Fantasy Fair. Now I need to make the rest of my outfit.
- 2 small candy (sweet) jars with metal lids and transparent inserts (1,38 for 2 at Xenos), use the lids, recycle the glass;
- M4 bots and nuts, bolts 10mm long; M4 blind nuts;
- aluminium strip, 10mm x 2mm x 2m long (I still have a lot left);
- leather (I bought an old, worn leather jacket at the flea market, great texture, I've still got lots of it left for other things);
- some rings cut off a round syrup bottle that was almost the same size as the jar lids;
- rusty old rings from a backpack that I threw away;
- old clock parts (bought at the flea market, it's amazing what people sell, and what people buy!);
- brass wood screws;
- hammer, pliers, screwdriver;
- drill and drill bits, steel nail;
- scissors, hobby knife;
- leather needle and thread;