Okay, perhaps not so common, but if you make one of these for a person to whom this is an issue, you are pretty much guaranteed a pretty awesome thank you note on old-timey parchment in a wax-sealed envelope.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- Wooden sphere 3" diameter
- 1/4" Paduck 7" x 4 1/2"
- 1/4" Purple heartwood 6 1/2" x 4"
- Various Metallic Clay
- Thin sheets of metal (brass, aluminum)
- Random clockwork pieces (gears)
- Jewelry eye pins
- 2" Wood Screw
- Wood Glue
- Crazy Glue
- tack cloth/Microcloth
- 1/2" marble
- Vise (Large)
- Drill with countersink bit
- Dremel with tiny bit (diameter to match gears)
- Quill and Inkwell (or pen or your choosing)
- Copper wire
- Vise (Small - more like one for electronics to hold small clay pieces)