For Elf Fantasy Fair 2011 I decided to go steampunk. It's much more fun going dressed than in plain clothes, and steampunk has the added advantage of playing with mechanical type things in making one's outfit.
My first attempt was published earlier, see the next steps.
For Elf Fantasy Fair 2012 I decided to try and fix some of the shortcomings of the 2011 outfit. I think it was quite successful. Again I was snapped by numerous people, but mostly I enjoyed walking around oggling the other steampunkers!
The outfit now consists of (from top to bottom):
- hat, with cog badge and steampunk 'feather';
- goggles - see my other instructable;
- dressshirt (no mods);
- ribbon tie;
- waistcoat - I bought this, it was soo much better than the one I made;
- fobwatch on a chain;
- steam thrower - see my other instructable;
- wrist steam pistol;
- side sporran (with Robin Hobb's "Asassin's Apprentice" inside, for signing)
- umbrella in scabard (rain was forecast, and it did!)
- black trousers with no mods;
The 2011 outfit follows.