Here is an affordable way to turn your Halloween Trick-or-Treat plastic pumpkin bucket into a Steampunk Pumpkin. All you need is a few things lying around your own home and a bit of imagination. You don't have to use the same things I used, you are more than welcome to experiment. Hopefully this tutorial will inspire you to create your very own design. I would love to see pictures of your completed Steampunk Pumpkins!
Have a Happy Halloween!
Step 1: Craft Materials for Monocle Steampunk Pumpkin
- Plastic pumpkin
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue
- Flat black spray paint
- Gold and copper metallic spray paint
- Autumn Gold and Gold Leaf Rub ‘n Buff
- Red nail polish
- Metallic ribbon
- Thick wire
- Duct tape
- 1/4 inch red convoluted tubing
- Needle-nose pliers
- X-Acto knife
- LED balloon lights
- Stainless steel tea ball and tea strainer
- 7/16 inch round spots
- Metal screw brads
- 1 inch sprocket gears
Step 2: Pumpkin Base
2. Take the X-Acto knife and *carefully* cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth. You have the option to either cut out the teeth or leave them in. Next, take the hot glue gun and start gluing the outlines of the pumpkins body, eyes, nose, and mouth. Let the hot glue cool completely before removing any spiderwebs from your pumpkin (I call the left over glue spiderwebs).
3. Take the Rub n Buff, add a little to your finger tip, and finger paint the pumpkin. Tip: This is really potent stuff, so a little goes a long way.