I wanted to make a steampunk ipod case for a while, but for me it had to be made of real wood and brass. The first attemp was constructed from mahogony, but alas was shorted lived as when I attempted to srew the two halves together it cracked to pieces.
So the idea was shelved for a while untill i found a lovely looking wooden card case online that looked suitable for moding.
None of the techniques I have used are particularly difficult. It just took a lot of care and time and patience. I only used basic hand tools an electric drill and a cheapy 'Dremel' during construction. Some of the items I used were tricky to track down. Alot of research went into this thing.
Hope you enjoy the pictures!
PS this is my first post on Instructibles so please excuse the quality of some of the photos and text!