The ball is made from a couple of carrier bags, so all in all this is a very nice little project that doesn't require much in the way of special materials or equipment. Like with just about all my projects, a glue gun is very handy to make the project go quickly, but you can use white woodwork glue (Elmers or PVA) if you want to and you have the time and the patience to sit holding each bit while it dries.
What you need:
- Piece of thick corrugated packaging card (you can use foamboard if you have it)
- Glue (preferably hot melt / glue gun glue)
- A strip of material, felt or leather
- Some clear plastic sheet like drawing artcel sheets or an overhead projector slide, or old bit of packaging window (I used the thick cellophane window from the top of an old Christmas cracker box)
- Two plastic carrier (grocery) bags
- Some spray paint (preferably gold or silver, but any colour will do)