This controller has built in, reverse polarity protection so that if you accidentally connect your battery or power supply the wrong way then the board will not be damaged. To make everything as easy as possible for beginners, a library of useful functions has been written for the controller.
A robot can be built by simply plugging in a few motors, servos and sensors. Using the Arduino IDE and supplied library, relatively little code is required to make a functional robot.
- Small PCB size (30mm x 60mm).
- Reverse polarity protection and built in power switch.
- Atmega168 or ATmega328 running at 3.3V, 8MHz.
- Built in miniature USB interface usingCP2102 interface IC.
- IR receiver provides 128 virtual buttons via universal TV remote.
- 3-axis accelerometer detects angle, impact and free fall.
- Dual 1A "H" bridge with electronic braking and stall detection.
- 8x servo outputs with selectable voltage.
- ISP and Serial communications headers.
- Indication LEDs for Power, TX, RX, D13 and IR signal detection.
- Arduino Pro (3.3V @ 8MHz) bootloader pre-installed.
The Micro Magician is fully compatible with the Arduino IDE.
The supplied MicroM library provides functions and sample code for the following:-
- Dual DC brushed motor: Speed, direction and braking.
- Single stepper motor: Full step, half step, direction, low power.
- 3-axis accelerometer: Impact detection, direction and magnitude - eliminates the need for bumper switches.
- SONY IR decoder (SIRC): Provides up to 128 virtual buttons using SONY compatible IR remote controls.