Introduction: Step by Step to Paint a Halloween Draw
Third Prize in the
Halloween Draw & Paint It Contest with Sketchbook
Now I will show you how to draw a Halloween illustration using the program Sketchbook Pro 6 (update), step by step, from the sketch to the signing! :)
Step 1: How Start?
- open a new document and choose the size of the sheet on which you are going to draw, I've created a sheet of 3000x2000 for my project.
- to draw the sketch I use a B4 pencil with which begin to draw the structure of the figure.
- later on the same layer I start to define the character by drawing all the details.
Step 2: Coloring
- I created a new layer colored (01) to give the base for the background (filled with the bucket)
- Now in two new levels (02 and 03) I started to paint my characters with two brushes with "do it yourself", a hard to coloring the base and a soft brush and opaque to create different shades of color (using properties brush/color random).
-After colored the figure I duplicated the colorful layers and joined them in a single layer (02-1) I locked transparency and colored the whole figure with a very dark color, this will allow me to create the shadow of the character by adjusting the transparency of the layer.
Step 3: The Shadows
- here I added different layers shadow and with the eraser I deleted the parts out that I wanted to make it stand out.
- In the next layer (07) I make more defined shadows by adding black.
Step 4: The Lights
- Then I gave light to the head of the pumpkin by coloring the eyes, nose and mouth with the color yellow and putting on his hand and on his dress of light reflections with the airbrush.
Step 5: The Background
- then I realized the background on different layers that I later joined.
- I adjusted the brightness, contrast and color of the background to better suit the figure.
- and finally I added my little signature at the bottom right of the sheet to a new layer.
Step 6: Finish!
here is my Halloween pumpkin drawn and painted in 3 hours!
I hope that my workflow you liked it and who can help you to create your ARTworks!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.