This project is very simple to do but it is incredibly rewarding, you get to make something that you can customize and actually use, it's better than a regular pencil because it looks great and it feels good in your hand.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Secateurs (garden scissors)
- Gardening gloves
- A Pencil (thicker the graphite the better)
- Drill (can be any type)
- A Stick
Step 2: Sourcing your wood
What to look for
- First of all look for a bush...
- Then find a straight section of a branch
- It doesn't matter if the section has other branches coming off it, you can cut and sand these down.
- You don't want it to feel like a log in your hand so pretend to hold the branch like its a pencil and see if it is the right thickness, The section i used was 14mm thick.
Now you have a big leafy section, trim off all the other branches and leaves until you have the plain straight section.
Step 3: Smoothing it out
Using the sandpaper first smooth any bumps then lightly run the sandpaper up and down the stick so it feels smooth to the touch, don't press to hard though or the bark will wear away.