First of all, its just fun to do and secondly, by making your own sauce you can adapt the sweetness and the heat to your own taste. So feel free to experiment with the ingredients.
This sauce has no preservatives in it so put it in the fridge to extent its shelflife.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of white vinigar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- about 25grams of ginger
- some coreander leaves
- a pinch of salt
- a chili pepper
- Clean the garlic and the ginger.
- Use a foodprocessor to chop the garlic, ginger, chili and coreander.
- Pour the water, the vinegar and the sugar in a pan. Put on the heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Wait for the mixture to cook. When it cooks, you can add the chopped ingredients together with the salt.
- Let the sauce reduce on a mild fire until the sauce become thick and sticky.
- Pour the sauce into a glass recipient and let it cool down.