Introduction: Stir-Fry Chicken Breast and Broccoli (with a Vegetarian Option)
The following is a recipe to make a Stir-Fry Chicken breast and broccoli. It is an easy-to-make recipe that is also quite healthy, which is what makes it very useful for the average high-school student or college student who is pressed for time but wants a quick, nutritious meal.·
A vegetarian version of this can be made by substituting extra-firm tofu instead of the chicken. Keep in mind, Tofu does not need to be marinated as long and doesn’t need to be cooked as long as chicken. It absorbs flavor much quicker than most meat-based proteins.
Step 1: Ingredients
· 1 chicken breast (about 0.5 pound, cubed)
· 2 cups Broccoli Florets (chopped)
· 2 tablespoons Oil (preferably Olive Oil)
· 0.5-inch piece Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
· 1 clove Garlic, peeled and minced
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
· 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
· 0.5 tablespoon Vinegar
· 0.5 tablespoon Brown Sugar
· Chilli flakes to taste (if spice is preferred)
· ¼ cup Water
· 2 pans (one medium sized for individual cooking, one larger one for combining and cooking)
· 2 bowls
· Large spoon (for mixing)
Step 2: Initial Setup
1) Mix the marinate ingredients well in a bowl
2) Marinate the chicken for about 8 minutes
3) In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients of the Stir-Fry sauce and set aside
4) Heat a large pan over medium-high heat
5) Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and allow to heat for a minute
Step 3: Cooking the Broccoli
1) Add the broccoli to the heated oil with a sprinkle of salt
2) Stir-fry for about 5-6 minutes, or until broccoli is tender but still crunchy
(Warning: if the pan looks too dry, it may burn the broccoli. In his case, add a little water to prevent burning)
Step 4: Cooking the Chicken
1) While the broccoli is stir frying, heat a tablespoon of oil in another pan and add the marinated chicken into this once oil is heated
2) Cook chicken until it is about golden (about 3 minutes)
(Warning: Cooking the chicken releases the juices, which along with the oil may splatter due to the heat. Use Caution to avoid burns)
(Note: If the Broccoli is ready before the chicken, set aside until chicken is cooked)
Step 5: Combining and Adding the Sauce
1) Mix the stir-fried chicken and vegetable in the larger pan, and push all the ingredients to the sides to form a hole in the centre.
2) Stir together the stir-fry sauce once more and add it into this hole
3) Allow the sauce to darken and begin bubbling before tossing all the ingredients together, making sure the chicken and broccoli are thoroughly coated in the sauce.
4) Cook until all ingredients are tender (about 2 minutes) (Note: Taste the stir-fry broth before this step is completed. If it is too salty, add a few tablespoons of water)
5) Serve Hot
Note: Can be served with Jasmine rice, Plain white rice, or brown rice as a healthier option.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.