Step 1: Get the "Phone Disconnected" Message
Step 2: When a Telemarketer Calls...
1. Make sure everyone and everything in the room is quiet.
2. Make sure your computer is not playing any audio. This does NOT mean that you should mute or turn down your speakers, you will need to use them.
3. Double-click the file on your desktop. While it is loading, go ahead and answer the phone.
4. When the file starts playing, hold the phone up to the computer's speakers. Set the audio to loop or repeat. That way, you will not need to click play every time.
5. While you are doing this, listen to the phone.
6. When you hear loud, obnoxious beeping, the caller has hung up. You can hang up the phone and close the media player.
At this point, the caller probably thinks your phone line is disconnected. They should eventually remove you from their list and stop calling you. That's a simple way to stop sales calls. If this works for you, be sure to tell everyone in the comments, and thanks for reading this.