Introduction: Storage Box
For our school we had to make something starting from a box with corrugated cardboard to a product that can be used for something else. An excisting box which you have to change a little bit to another new product.
Combine a (used) corrugated cardboard box with new modern technology into a product that permanent / long can innovate and get off the gadget atmosphere.
So after the box has been used, we give the box a new life.
Step 1: Needs
- Cutter knife
- Duct Tape
- Double-sided tape
- Cover tape
- Set triangle and a ruler
- Stylo and pencil
- A4 paper box
- Two corrugated cardboard from 30 to 25
- Journal paper or cardboard
Step 2: Profile
First, you create a profile, so you can draw this easy on the A4 paper box, and use it for all the necessary patterns.
- Take a sheet or piece of cardboard and sketch the profile onto this (see sketch attached)
- Cut it out correctly. Make it perfect with nice straight lines, then everything will fit perfectly.
Step 3: Figures on A4 Box
Now you sign the profile on the A4 paper box.
Look at the sketch so you correctly know where you have to drawn the patterns.
Make sure that the horizontale lines are parallel.
At the end you have to draw a quadtrilateral at the back side
Step 4: Cut
Now it's the time to cut it out correctly .
Take your time to do this, because this is the most important moment. Everything has to fit perfectly!
Step 5: The Top Cover
Remove the lid and cut off one side.
Now you have a top cover that misses one side.
Step 6: Partition
Take two pieces of cardboard (at least 30 centimeters by 25 centimeters).
- Cut the first out on 20.3cm on 28.5 cm.
- The 2nd at 20.5 cm on 30 cm.
Step 7: The Partition
Hang the two cardboards together
- Take Double-sided tape and glue, fit/hang them together
Step 8: The Plate
Now cut a piece from 21.5 to 10 cm and put it on the back down of the A4 box.
Step 9: Assemble
- take the plate of 10 cm on 21.5 cm.
- stick the plate on the back of the box with double sided tape.
- Now this partitioon plate can perfectly stand on his own.
- Put the top cover into the square holes.
Now you have finished. You made a recycled A4 paper box turned into a post - and sorting tray
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.