To practice shading and depth I thought I would try a Storm Trooper make-up effect. Through attempting this challenging make-up I learned loads about face structure and picked up some more ideas on how to try and camouflage the facial features a little.
It turned out just about OK but needs a 'LOT' of work to make it an effective piece of make-up but, I think it is a good idea to post the 'Not so good' work as much as the good work to see the learning process...anyway hope you enjoy it ;)
The basic instructions are:
- Find a good reference picture from the front and the sides
- Draw on the basic shape using a black eyeliner pencil (normally white but the clown white blends it in too much)
- Block in the white make-up
- Block in the grey make-up
- Add any detail
- Finish with the black make-up to add depth
Next up 'Avatar' prosthetic sculpt, application and make-up so stay tuned and please remember to visit my YouTube channel HERE
and 'SUBSCRIBE' to become part of my little community ;)
The make-up used here was a Kryolon bruise wheel for the black and grey, cheap black eyeshadow and Snazaroo clown white.
Happy days !!!