Step 1: Materials and Tools
* Kitchen Counter board, like oak, maple, ash, about 35mm thick. Mine is a leftover from a kitchen refurb project. Or just go to IKEA and buy a section of kitchen counter. Do not use chip-board kitchen counter!
* Tung oil, Counter top oil or Danish oil (not so good as it is not food-quality)
* Liquid paraffin (and old-fashioned medication for rot gut)
* Fender Guitar or other guitar with well-known shape, e.g. Les Paul, Telecaster (this is for tracing the shape only - your guitar will remain intact for this Instructable!)
* Band saw or jigsaw. Recommend a band saw, but I managed OK with a jigsaw
* Router with a 10mm-radius roundover bit
* Belt sander, drum sander, orbital sander, linisher, or all of them
* Various grades of sand paper
* Drill and 32mm spade bit for an optional hole
Step 2: Trace shape from the real thing
Redraw the lines with a dark marker pen to help you better "understand" the curves and avoid mistakes in the next step when cutting the board.
Step 3: Cut out
Step 4: Add optional hole
I used a 32mm spade drill bit, but an auger or Forstner drill bit would have been much better.