Today I am going to show you how to make a strawberry mascarpone pie which I made while in Spain. It was very well received at the party I brought it to, so prepare to wow your friends!
The bottom of the pie is a strawberry preserve layer, covered with sweet mascarpone and 2 layers of fresh strawberries on top,sprinkled with a little bit of sugar. Enjoy making... And baking!
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Strawberries: 2 cartons
2. 1 tub of mascarpone cheese (see picture for reference)
3. Pre made crust- whichever kind you prefer
4. Sugar and powdered sugar
7. Lemon or lemon juice
Step 2: Preparing the Crust
2. Cook the crust for the specified time. Mine was 30 minutes.
3. If using a silicon pan, take the crust out and put it on where you will present the pie.
Now we will move on to the base.
Step 3: Making the Base
1. Begin by cutting your strawberries up into pieces as shown in the pictures
2. Once you have a bowl full, put the strawberries in a pot and turn the heat on medium.
3. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of sugar to the mix, then taste and add more if needed.
4. Add a tablespoon of tapioca and leave the mixture until it is a mush. Stir occasionally during this time.
5. Once done, place in the fridge and let cool for about 5 minutes.
6. Then pour the mixture into the bottom of the crust.
7. Put the pie back into the fridge and let it cool again
Step 4: Making the Mascarpone Layer
2. Add in a teaspoon of vanilla and a half teaspoon of lemon juice. Or to estimate if you wish, 2 squirts.
3. Take the pie out of the fridge and spread the mascarpone layer on top of the base layer.
Step 5: Adding the Strawberries on Top
1. Cut the strawberries vertically
2. Randomly place strawberries in the first layer.
3. Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on top
4. Make concentric circles of strawberries, lining them up like shown in the picture
5. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of sugar on top.
You are finished! :) serve and enjoy!