- 3 strawberries
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Fresh mint
- 2 ounces sake
- 1 1/2 ounce sparkling or seltzer water
- Chop 2 of the strawberries into small pieces
- In a glass, muddle strawberries, lime juice, and simple syrup until the strawberry is completely mashed up.
- Add mint leaves and tap 5 or 6 times with muddler to release the flavor (over-muddling will make it taste bitter)
- Fill the glass with ice and add sake.
- Stir well.
- Top with seltzer and garnish with mint and strawberry.
recipe inspired by seriouseats.com