The Strawberry Shortcake Frappuccino is a Starbucks summer flavor. It combines strawberries, strawberry puree, vanilla, and hazelnut. Here is how you can make it at home. You can choose to just use syrups or you can incorporate fresh strawberries or you can use both!
Find more Frappuccino recipes, and other Starbucks copycat recipes, in this collection: Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Step 1: Supplies
This recipe is a single serving and makes about the equivalent of a 16oz Grande from Starbucks.
- 2c ice
- 3/4c milk / or / Half&Half; / or / Whipping Cream etc.
- 3 tbsp/pumps Strawberry Syrup / or / Strawberry Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp/pump Hazelnut Syrup (I just used 1, but you can use 2 or 1.5 for more of a hazelnut flavor)
- 1 tbsp/pump Vanilla Syrup
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- Pinch of Xantham Gum (optional)
- Strawberries* (optional)
* I find it harder to get the taste with just strawberries, so I prefer to use syrup and supplement with strawberries when available, but you can try to make this with just the fruit if you want. You can also mix in macerated strawberries which will get you fresh strawberries and a sweet syrup together.
Replace 1/4 cup of the milk with Strong Coffee
Step 2: Blend
Time to blend everything up. I threw in some strawberry pieces because I had some, but you can leave them out or just use strawberries if you want.
For decorating, you can do whatever you would like. I decided to put my frappuccino mix in my cup, top it with macerated strawberries (or cut up fresh strawberries with strawberry sauce works too), whipped topping, and then drizzled strawberry sauce. Maybe it was overboard, but I thought it was nice :)