- 500g fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped
- 75g caster sugar
- 300ml whipping cream
- 250g ricotta cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Wash the strawberries, hull them, chop into half and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle them with caster sugar.
- Stir strawberries and sugar well, and then cover and leave to stand for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes mash them with a hand blender or a food processor.
- Whip the whipping cream until it forms a soft peak.
- Beat together lemon juice and ricotta cheese. Fold it into the whipped cream.
- Mix all together and spoon into a freezer-proof container.
- Place the container in a freezer for 2 hours. After 2 hours take the spoon and beat the ice cream well, return it back to the freezer for another 6 hours or until it is completely frozen.
- Because homemade ice creams are really hard when frozen, remove the container from the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving.
Use this handy conversion calculator
Our coffee choice for homemade strawberry ice cream recipe:
Strawberries go really well with milk so there is no surprise cappuccino and cafe latte match this yummy ice cream so well. I didn't give a five star rank to any of the coffees because this would require sweeter strawberries. The sweeter the fruits the better they pair with coffees that contain milk.
- The best way to store ice cream in the fridge is to cover it with a plastic wrap or wax paper before closing the container.
- After two hours stir ice cream mixture with a spoon to break ice crystals.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving to soften it.
Good to know