I would like to show you guys a new recipe I thought of. I definitely am not the first person to do this, but oh well.
Basically, this is a homemade brownie recipe with a streusel topping. It's very easy to make and adds a whole new dimension to the brownies.
Step 1: Watch the Video!
I made a how to video that I think helps explain how it all goes together.
Step 2: Prepare the Ingredients!
First things first! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and flower an 8-inch square pan. Alternatively, you could use foil or parchment paper.
Next, gather your ingredients.
For the brownies:
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup of AP flour (plus more for the pan)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step 3: Prepare the Brownies
Time to make the brownies!
- In a saucepan or metal bowl, melt 1/2 cup of butter. It will take a minute or two for the butter to melt, so be patient!
- If you used a saucepan, pour the melted butter into a mixing bowl. If you used a metal bowl, you can just add the rest of ingredients into that. Whisk in 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, and the 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- Whisk in 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
And that's all for the brownies! Now let's add the finishing touch... the streusel!
Step 4: Streusel Topping
To make the streusel topping:
- Combine 1/2 cup of AP flour and 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar into a smallish work bowl.
- Add 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Using the tips of your fingers, break apart the butter and integrate it into the mixture. It will take a minute or two to break it all apart and turn the mixture into the consistency of pea meal (see picture above). Don't let the butter melt!
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the brownies.
Note: This topping is great on muffins, cookies, and basically every other baked good! Just sprinkle it on top before you bake.
Step 5: Bake and Serve.
Bake the brownies in your 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out almost dry.
Cool on a rack, cut, and enjoy!
If you like this instructable, you can subscribe to me to see new instructables every week! You can also subscribe to me on YouTube, where you can see weekly recipe videos!