Step 1: Materials
2. 6/8th inch brass nails, 36 count.
3. Yardstick for measuring and finding the center of the board. As well as placing the nails evenly.
4. Protractor (for circular) the nails in mine were placed every 10 degrees, 9 inches from the center.
5. White Embroidery thread. I ended up needing multiple things of it. I think it was 6 for the circle, and 3 for the feather.
6. A hammer for the nails.
Step 2: Drawing and Measuring
Step 3: Measurement for Circle
2. There were 36 nails, 1 every 10 degrees. To find this I used a protractor and placed it at the center.
3. I marked dots every 10 degrees.
4. I placed my yard stick at the center, aligned it with the marks, and marked dots that went 9 inches from the center.
Step 4: Nails
2. For the circle I placed the nails where I had made marks in the last step.
Step 5: Removing Paper
Step 6: Pencil Removal
Step 7: Stringing
1. For the feather I took my embroidery thread and wound it randomly between the "stem".
2. After this I went between the center of the feather and the outer nails, back and forth. This created a feathery effect.
1. This is a more complex process, first I took the string and tied it to a nail.
2. After this I took the string and went straight across to the opposite nail and wrapped it around and back to the start.
3. Then I repeated the process looping the string around the nails to the immediate left and right of the opposite nail from step 2.
4. I went around the circle making sure that each nail had string going to three other nails directly across the circle.