Many thanks to fungus amungus for his collaboration and help on this project.
Step 1: Materials
- fabric stiffener (1 16oz. bottle per lamp that you'd like make)
- large spherical party balloons (can be gotten at a party shop in the 16" or 3' sizes)
- crochet thread or thin cotton yarn
- lamp cord set (Ikea sells the HEMMA for $3.99 that will work great)
- rubber gloves
- newspaper (it makes a bit of a mess)
Step 2: Inflate
Then, secure one end of the crochet thread to the knot on the balloon by either loosely tying it, or taping it into place. We didn't tie it because we're gonna need to get back into the balloon later...like I said.