This instructable shows the structured wiring system that I designed for my home.
This wiring system provides a centralized location for the following services for all of my rooms (master, 3 bdrm, kitchen, living, garage, office).
1) Local area network (LAN),
2) File server and backup,
4) Cable HDTV,
5) Power surge,
6) Power conditioning,
7) Signal Amplification,
9) Battery backup.
I don't have actual construction photos since I didn't take any but i'll show and describe the final solution that I came up with.
Step 1: Schematic and Materials List
The schematic for the whole house structured wiring system is shown in this image. I have also attached PDF file which may be a bit clearer.
1) Cat-5e (internet, lan)
2) COAX RG-59 or RG-6 (cable tv, antenna)
3) Phone cable (telephone, cable telephone)
4) Romex Electrical wire (electricity)
5) 4-port Wired/Wireless-N Router
6) 16-port Switch
7) Electrical outlets
8) 8-way video splitters
9) 2-way video splitter
10) Cat5 patch panel
11) telephone patch panel (bus bar)
12) cable modem
13) file server - primary
14) file server - backup
15) surge protecter, battery backup (cable, phone, electrical, lan)
16) cable try (metal studs)
17) outlets (ethernet, phone, cable)
18) cable ties.