Introduction: Stuffed Eggplant With Sea Bass Rolled in Bacon
Categories: Main dish, fish
Total time: 50 min (25 min preparation / 25 min oven)
Difficulty: 7/10 (you might want to call us so we go to give you an hand)
15 cherry tomatoes 15 olives (black or green) 200g Feta Cheese (0.44 lb or 7 oz) 2 Celery sticks Parsley 4 fillets of Sea-bass (or any fish you like, the size of the egg plant) 12 slices of Bacon OR Pancetta 2 egg plants Salt and black pepper 2 ts olive oil 5 cloves of garlic 1 chili 1 hand of fresh mint
Lemon creamy butter sauce: 1 lemon 200ml white cream (0.8 cups or 7 fl oz) 100g of butter (0.22 lb or 3.5 oz)
Step 1: How to Do It!
HOW TO DO IT:
Ok, lets do this! Nice and smooth!
1. Preheat your oven at 180ºC / 350ºF
2. Shop the cherry tomatoes and the olive oils without the pits in 4 pieces each. Chop the celery in small pieces about the same size, but first, chop the stalks in half, so they are easier to work with. Slice the feta cheese in small cubes and chop the parsley. Add everything into a bowl and mix slowly. Reserve this bowl;
3. In a fry-pan add 2 ts of olive oil a bit of salt, black pepper and add the garlic the chili and the fresh mint, all of them minced. When the garlic becomes a bit yellow take it off the heat, and mix this with the reserved bowl. This will be the stuffing for the eggplants;
4. Cut the eggplants in half, and with a spoon remove the inside of the egg plant. You should do it carefully and when you do it try to take the most of the inside of the eggplant;
5. With a spoon fill all the 4 parts of the egg plants you have with the mix reserved in the bowl;
6. Put one sea-bass fillet on the top of each stuffed eggplant;
7. Close the eggplants again, with both of the stuffed sides, and wrapped them around with the bacon, one slice at a time, starting from the thinnest part to the the end of the eggplant. In this process you should use toothpicks to make the bacon perfectly rolled around the eggplant;
8. When both eggplants are rolled up, put them in the oven for 25 minutes at 180ºC / 350ºF
9. While you wait for it, lets do best and easiest sauce in the world. In very low heat, put all your butter inside, when its all melted add the creams and stir it together still in low heat. At your own taste, put some salt and black pepper and wait for 3 minutes. Take it off the heat and squeeze half a lemon juice to it.
10. In your plate put the creamy butter sauce in the middle making a circle, cut your eggplant at half and put them on the circle and drop some more butter sauce on the top of them.
11. As a side dish we did some cous cous, but this eggplants, are perfect just like this, or with rice, or pasta, or with whatever you like.
Step 2: FOODGASM!
If you actualy do this, you will have an explosion of flavors in your mouth! It will be a mouth orgasm :) Really! Just do it!