This recipe was inspired by Tyler Florence, however I changed up the last part.
Be forewarned, this is a time consuming, labor intensive process. The result however is delicious, and well worth the effort.
Set aside half an afternoon (2-3 hours)
Step 1: You will need...
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup stock
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) jar grape leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (additionally) stock
- 1/4 cup (additionally) extra-virgin olive oil