They are easy to make, fun to embellish and family friendly. Go make something with your kids, you won't regret it.
Besides, you won`t just have an awesome craft for your labours, you will have a great memory too.
Step 1: Gather Some Stuff
- Assortment of Styrofoam balls - from dollar store
- bamboo skewers - from kitchen drawer
- some scrap wood - I used pieces of kindling wood
- embellishments - we used mainly buttons, pipe-cleaners, ribbon, and markers, but let your imagination go wild.
- a hot glue gun - parents only
- some sand paper
- small hand saw
- white glue
- x-acto knife - adults only
Sand them down to get rid of any rough edges. This is a perfect project for a child to cut their teeth on sandpaper...erm, that is to say give it a go. The pieces are perfect size for their smaller hands, so they aren't overwhelmed with manipulating the wood and can concentrate on what it is that the sand paper is actually doing.