OK, fine, that had no tactical advantage in the game. I still liked it and I'm sticking with that.
So now, years later, I have found myself with hundreds of tea lights in my house and in need of a holder. So of course it had to be a custom job and here we are. Maybe one day I'll make the complete set.
Step 1: Parts
- 1/4" plywood
- Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue
- Epilog laser cutter (or saws and hole saws)
Step 2: Cut!
Alternatively, the same files can be printed out on paper and used as a template for cutting by hand.
Step 3: Glue!
- Use Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue on the small tower pieces and clamp it
- Glue on the body pieces and clamp it
- Glue the two main pieces together and clamp it
But not done yet.
Step 4: Sand and Stain
With everything nice and smooth, clean it up with a damp rag to get rid of the dust and apply a couple coats of your favorite stain.