Our local makerspace, Phoenix Asylum, was asked to create with Sugru for the "September 2014 Build Night with Sugru". I decided to secure those little eyeglass screwdrivers I always seem to lose, with Sugru. I also plan to add a strong neodymium magnet to hold the loose screws so they don't get misplaced. The magnet can also be used to find the screw that popped out of your glasses (it happens).
Part of this being a Life Hack is a reminder to check the tightness of those little screws once in a while. This is a worthy task so that you are not the person who ends up crawling around on the floor looking for an, impossible to find, little screw. You can thank me later. Haha.
1 Sugru Packet (white)
1 Neodymium Magnet
3 Tiny Screwdrivers
Step 1: Creating Your Multi-Tool
- Open your packet of Sugru and knead for 30 seconds.
- Place your items in the shape you are considering.
- Form your Sugru into the shape you picked.
- Put the 3 screwdrivers into your Sugru.
- Add more Sugru as needed to cover the handles fully. Now shape until you have your desired handle.
- Press the neodymium magnet in the center and secure by pressing a bit of Sugru over the sides.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours and you now have a fully functioning magnetic eyeglass tool.
You can view all of our creations from that night HERE.