Here are the main materials you will need. In each individual step I will let you know the smaller materials like glue, scissors, screws, etc...
- find a suitcase hard shell. I love this old vintage Samsonite suitcase! However, the edges of the suitcase are curved and this cause a few problems in mounting the legs and hardware. I would suggest finding a suitcase or briefcase that has 90 degree edges (box).
2. 4 Leg Braces
- I bought these locking leg braces
from McMaster Carr (#2). Let me tell you, I spent a good amount of time figuring out the best way to mount the legs and this was definitely the best option. I'd love to hear other ideas on what could work. I liked these also because the legs sit nicely inside the suitcase and are easy to prop up and lock.
3. 4 Legs
- I cut 4 pieces of 1" x 1" wood at length 12"
- I know a little bit about electronics but not too much. Instead of creating a speaker system from scratch I just bought an inexpensive USB powered computer speaker system. It came with all the parts I needed, all I had to do was take it out of its case. Heres a link to the speakers
5. Minty Boost
- powers your speakers and is simple to put together. You can buy this here