It's filling, refreshing, tasty, and healthy.
It's so easy to make but does require a good amount of chopping.
Remove the cheese to make it vegan. (Trust me, it'll be flavorful without it.)
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
• 1 cup (about 1/2 cup dry) of cooked farro (preferably cooled)
• 1 long cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
• 1/2 of a large red onion, finely chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup (about 25 whole) of kalamata olives, chopped
• 1 can of chickpeas, drained
• 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/8 cup olive oil
• 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta
• lemon juice (taste)
Step 2: Combine Ingredients
Step 3: Toss Well
Step 4: Cool
This allows the flavors to combine and develop. Plus, the salad is at its most refreshing served cold.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
It will keep in the fridge for at most 1-2 days.
If you're going camping, combine all the ingredients the night before, but keep the olive oil and vinegar separate until you're about to serve.