This is a simple pattern for keeping cool in summer! It is super cute either as a swimwear cover-all or, with a bit of tweaking, a glam party dress. Using a light - weight material this instructable calls for someone with some skill and/or lots of patience. But with simple cotton (heavier, but still cool) it is perfect for beginners.
Step 1: What you need
- A sewing machine (with thin needle - size 8,9 or 10)
- A piece of light weight cotton (roughly 1m x 1.5m / 60in x 40in) for a long shirt/short dress
*if you fold the piece in half and lay it across your front and it goes from elbow to elbow and down to mid -thigh it's about right (see pic)
*My material was a scarf from "RUBI shoes" that i never wore in winter.
- A length of cord/ribbon to tie
- Thread of a corresponding or contrasting colour (not too thick or it will make the seams pucker)
- Quick-un-pick (seam ripper)
- Fabric chalk
- Measuring tape