Introduction: Sun Dried Crispy Lentil Chips
- These lentil chips are crispy and made using black gram.
- These chips are sundried and stored in air tight container which are perfect for summer.
- We can fry them whenever needed.We can eat them as snacks or as accompainment with rice.
- One cup black gram(urad dal)
- One tsp cumin seeds
- salt as per taste
- Cooking oil
Step 1: Procedure
- Take about one cup black gram and rinse under running water. Soak in water for 5 hours.
Step 2: Blend
- After 5 hours remove water and transfer black gram to blender. Add little water and blend to thick paste.Batter should be thick
Step 3: Add Cumin Seeds and Salt to Batter
- Transfer batter to bowl.Add one teaspoon cumin seeds,salt as per taste to above batter and mix.
Step 4: Spread on Polythene Sheet
- Take some polythene sheet or some cloth and place it in your lawn where their is lot of sunlight.
- Now take the batter and spread as small dumplings as shown in my images.
- When they are almost dried you can easily remove from sheet.Transfer them to plate and dry for one more day.
Step 5: Sun Dry Them
-Sun dry them for 2 to 3 days till they are dried completely. when they are almost dried remove them and transfer to plate and dry for one more day.
Step 6: Frying
- Heat oil in wok and once oil is heated add sundried chips and fry them till they turn brown color.
- Enjoy these chips as accompainment with rice or as snacks.